Hello everyone! This is a new addition to the blog, Caffeinated Friday, where I let loose and spew my thoughts on life, while chugging coffee. This will mostly be not book related, to give a change of scenery every week. Hope you enjoy!
Kindness. How to be kinder. That is the thought for today! It really is simple, once you start changing your way of thinking. Most of the time, the reason people are unkind is because they are stuck in their bubble. They don’t see anything or anyone other than their own problems. And that’s ok. Sometimes life can get to you. But let’s not make it our way of thinking, this defensive, lonely bubble.
In an article on Psychology Today, the writer states: “One way to be kind is to open your eyes and be active when you see people in need.” For me, this is easy. I love to watch people and wonder what their life is like, Because honestly, everyone’s life is the same, yet unique. So when I’m out in public and interacting with someone, I don’t judge their actions. I see if they need some kindness.
Simple things to start a kindness habit:
- Eye contact, smile, “Thank you”. Let them know you appreciate them.
- Say “Hello”! It’s always the best way to start a conversation. (And it’s pretty rude not to.)
- Share someone’s happiness with a “Congrats!” and positive thinking
- Give small gifts when there is no reason.
- Don’t think you’ll “get a reward” if you’re kind. Just do it to make them happy!
What are your favorite ways to show kindness? Is it hard to do it sometimes? Easy? When do you find yourself having trouble with kindness? Let’s chat about it!